India Livestock Sector

    Livestock sector plays an important role in the national economy contributing to 4% of GDP. The growth of livestock sector helps in supplementing family incomes and generating gainful employment especially in the rural sector.


    India continues to be the largest producer of milk in the world. World milk production is estimated at 730 million tonnes and Indian milk production stands at 165 million tonnes.  India has the world’s largest livestock population — 58 per cent of buffaloes and 15 per cent of cattle. Owing to this huge bovine stock, though India has managed to attain numero uno position in milk production, the full potential of Indian milch herd remains unattained.


    Poultry is one of the fastest growing segments of the agricultural sector in India today. Their growth rate has been rising at 8 to 10 percent per annum. As a result, India is now the world's third largest egg producer and the fourth largest producer of broilers. The organized sector of poultry industry is contributing nearly 70% of the total output and the rest 30% in the unorganized sector in India

    Animal Healthcare Market- India

    India Animal Healthcare Market is around INR 4000 Crores with 50% contribution from Ruminants & 42% from Poultry species as per different market estimates. The healthcare market is growing at 8% annually on account of rising disposable income resulting in increased spent on animal proteins (Milk, Eggs & meat).

    Animal Health Business (Zuevets) of Samarth

    Zuvets was launched in 2017.  Zuevets as a team has been consistently building and growing its Dairy business. The team is poised to grow further not only in current operating areas of West & North but also in South and Other Regions with further expansion in near future. We will soon be launching Poultry Division across India.